This month's meeting will feature a presentation by Bill Brutzman on Cold Fusion.
A few facts...
Cold Fusion does the heavy lifting...
- Most of using a Java application server is about talking to databases.
- Getting up to speed with JEE and Hibernate is... burdensome.
In this hands-on talk, Bill will demo how to...
- CF jabs with its PHP-like web server.
- CF's knockout punch is its robust visual database middleware ORM tools.
- CF is built on the J-Run JEE Server... written in Java.
- CF has tons of functionaly for messaging, pdfs, e-Commerce, etc.
- CF has Hibernate built-in... and leverages Hibernate.
- CF development is easy... leading to rapid application development.
- Connect the new Adobe CF.9 server to a back-end PostGreSQL database.
- Introspect the database from Flash Builder (Flex) via Eclipse.
- Enhance the wizard-generated CRUD code to create a rich GUI database application.